"A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself." ~ Oprah Winfrey
Criteria for becoming a Tangent
- Be a professional female college graduate
- Have a desire to positively impact the life of a high school girl, listening and sharing life experience.
- Complete the ILOLA Application.
- Complete the orientation and risk management training which includes a complete background check
- Commit to meeting with your Point weekly, for 30-60 minutes, for one year, with the goal of establishing a permanent connection
- Participate in the monthly monitoring program which includes attending a monthly social or a training (online or in-person) and reporting to DGC program manager
- Respond to program staff in a timely manner
- Be willing to establish a relationship where you learn, engage and grow along with your Point